“The Social, Public and Cooperative Economy in the Digital Revolution”
32nd CIRIEC Congress – Liège (Belgium), 30-31 May – 1st June 2018
Posters and Papers presented during the Congress:
- El sitio web como factor de competitividad en la economía social. Análisis en el sector del aceite de oliva ecológico / Adoración Mozas Moral; Enrique Bernal Jurado; Miguel Jesús Medina Viruel y Domingo Fernández Uclés
- Challenges and limitations in the use of ICTs by women entrepreneurs from rural communities / Ana Laura Bojórquez Carrillo ; Tirso Suárez-Nuñez ; Anel Flores Novelo
- Social innovation in multinational co-ops: Towards a more balanced governance / Ignacio Bretos ; Anjel Errasti ; Carmen Marcuello ; Millán Díaz-Foncea
- Cooperatives in the digital era: Labour relations, power and politics within multinational worker cooperatives / Ignacio Bretos ; Anjel Errasti ; Carmen Marcuello
- Impacts of Technological Innovation and Social Technology in Solidarity Economy / Daniel Francisco Nagao Menezes
- El trabajo inclusivo innovador en la economía popular y solidaria ecuatoriana. Caso de Estudio Zona 6. / Gabriela Amoroso Castro, María Elena Calle Callea, Mónica Rosales Namicela (english version)
- The public and cooperative social economy in the digital revolution / Juan Carlos Vera (spanish version)
- Economía social y solidaria (ESS) y el nuevo contexto digital: el papel de las tecnologías sociales en el siglo XXI / Leandro Pereira Morais ; Miguel Juan Bacic
- Capital Platforms versus Social Platforms in the Collaborative Economy: International Legal Point of View / Dr. Maria Font-Mas
- E-government systems and applications in developed and developing countries / Nisa Nur Şen, Müge Durmaz, Aleyna Ertal
- Mutualism and cooperativism to combat precarity in the digitalised world of work / Sarah de Heusch ; SMart
- A proposal for digital inclusion in Argentina / Veronica Haddad ; Natalia Stein
- Co-op Open Membership: Economic and Financial Effects / Cabaleiro-Casal, María José; Iglesias-Malvido, Carlos; Martínez-Fontaíña, Rocío
Submission deadline for abstracts: 15 December 2017 to email@example.com
Notification of selected papers by 25 January 2018 at latest
SCOPE AND TOPICS OF INTEREST
The digital transformation at work in recent years offers new means of communication and exchange and has radically changed the forms of ownership, production, distribution and consumption. It challenges the working conditions, raises new questions and possibilities on taxation, offers extraordinary increases in productivity, opens new horizons for citizen action,… The public, social and cooperative economy is in many ways an actor in this revolution. CIRIEC’s next congress will approach this theme, examining the analyses and discussions of scientific experts and political, economic and social leaders from all over the world.
The CIRIEC Congress will be the occasion to address the following topics:
- Digital revolution in the service of democracy and the citizen
- Digital inclusion versus social exclusion
- Public policy and the issues of the digital revolution
- Impact on social relations
- The collaborative economy
- Public infrastructure for the digitalisation
- The health sector in the digital revolution
- The water, gas and electricity sectors and the new benefits of going digital
- Cities and Local Authorities in the digital revolution (smart cities, e-government,…)
The Jury will be chaired by Philippe BANCE, President of CIRIEC’s International Scientific Council, Université de Rouen, CIRIEC-France.
Apart from the president, the Jury is composed of the following members:
- Marie J. BOUCHARD, President of CIRIEC’s International Scientific Commission “Social and Cooperative Economy”, Université du Québec à Montréal, CIRIEC-Canada (tbc)
- Massimo FLORIO, President of CIRIEC’s International Scientific Commission “Public Services / Public Enterprises”, Università di Milano, Italia
- Fabienne FECHER, Université de Liège, CIRIEC-Belgium
- Dorothea GREILING, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, CIRIEC-Austria
- Hajime IMAMURA, Toyo University, CIRIEC-Japan
- José Luis MONZÓN, Universidad de Valencia, CIRIEC-España
- Jorge de SÁ, Universidade de Lisboa (ISCSP), CIRIEC-Portugal
- Crescencio ORREGO, Universidad de Cundinamarca, CIRIEC-Colombia
- Silvina LAIS PUZINO, CIRIEC-Argentina
- Christina SCHAEFER, Helmut Schmidt Universität / Universität der Bundeswehr Hamburg, CIRIEC-Germany
Abstract (in ENGLISH) are to be sent by 15 December 2017 at latest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts (2-5 pages) and papers (10-20 pages) have to be related to the general topic or subthemes presented above.
The notification of accepted abstracts will be made per e-mail by 25 January 2018 at latest.
After acceptance by the Scientific committee, final versions of the papers (in English, French, German or Spanish) are to be sent by 15 May 2018 at latest.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPERS & ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts solely in ENGLISH
- Languages for papers: FR-EN-DE-ES
- length: abstract (2-5 pages) – papers (10-20 pages).
- Compatible formats: Adobe Format (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx).
- 12-point max. font, double spaced, 2.5-cm margin all around. References may be single spaced. Be sure to number the pages.
- Key words and references.
Accepted papers of registered participants will be published – in their long version only – on CIRIEC’s website and may be presented as (standing) posters and/or hard copies at the CIRIEC Documentation stand during the CIRIEC Congress. A time for presentation will be foreseen during the coffee breaks.
Deadline for abstracts: 15 December 2017
Notification of selected abstracts: 25 January 2018 (at the latest)
EARLY BIRD / PREFERENTIAL registration to the CIRIEC Congress (extended!): 20 March 2018
Final Deadline for Papers’ submission: 15 May 2018
For any other information, please contact: email@example.com
Download the Call for Papers in PDF