It is our great pleasure to announce that the V International Symposium on
Postharvest Pathology will be held in Liège, the City of Prince-Bishops of Belgium
The Vth International Symposium on Post-harvest Pathology is organized under the aegis of the International Society of Horticultural Sciences (ISHS) and the International Society of Plant Pathology (ISPP).
The upcoming symposium will take place for the first time in Belgium in Liège, from the 19Th till 24 of May 2019, and will tackle the main issues related to postharvest management of fruits and vegetables
This international conference will be a forum to bring together researchers, academics and industry professionals to share knowledge and contribute to basic and applied research. This symposium will focus on innovative technologies for preservation of edible food. Scientific and entrepreneurial specialists will highlight the management of post-harvest chain to satisfy consumer demands (conservation process, protection and distribution up to retail sale and consumption).
Professor in Plant Pathology at Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech (University of Liège), Haïssam Jijakli is honored to organize this International Symposium. He was working during the last 28 years, in the development of biocontrol methods based on (micro)-organisms and their derivatives to protect plants against phytopathogens, particularly post-harvest pathogens. He participated or coordinated more than 40 projects with Belgian and foreign partners and produced more than 120 scientific publications with peer review. He also deposited 7 patents and created 3 spin off companies, one being involved in the development of a biopesticide based on a yeast against postharvest diseases of fruits.
The symposium will focus on the following topics:
• Consumer demand, Food losses and marketing strategies
• New technologies for studying host-pathogen interactions
• Elucidation of host-pathogen interactions
• Conventional and proven techniques to manage postharvest diseases
• Alternative methods and New advances to control postharvest diseases
• Applied research on value chain activities such as harvesting, postharvest handling (packaging…), storage and processing
ISPP Symposium Key dates
- abstract submission: 03 September 2018
- online Registration : 03 October 2018
- abstract submission: 31 January 2019
- abstract modification: 15 February 2019
- fulltext paper submission: 26 April 2019
- fulltext paper modification: 03 May 2019