The 5th European Conference on Sludge Management, ECSM’2019, will be held in Liège, Belgium, from 6 to 8 of October 2019.
It will organized by University of Liège, with the support of the Phos4You project (Interreg North West Europe).
The previous dedicated meetings were:
- ECSM’2008, Liège, Belgium, organized by Prof. Michel Crine, Dr Jean-Christophe Baudez and Dr Angélique Léonard
- ECSM’2010, Budapest, Hungary, organized by Prof. Endre Juhasz and Agnes Czibok
- ECMS’2012, Leon, Spain, organized by Prof. Antonio Moran
- ECSM’2014, Izmir, Turkey, organized by Prof. Azize Ayol and Prof. Angélique Léonard
The main scope of the Conference is to provide a scientific program of cutting-edge research in wastewater sludge management. It will bring together international experts of sludge management, scientists, researchers and engineers, R&D laboratories, water agencies, governmental delegates, and private companies to discuss the problems, solutions, and innovative technologies and systems for the sludge management of water and wastewater treatment field.
We will be inviting internationally distinguished speakers working in this field and designing the technical sessions with the motivation to make the conference beneficial, and professionally inspiring.
The following topics are expected:
- Legal, social and economic aspects of sludge management
- Sludge characterization
- Sludge minimization
- Sludge dewatering
- Sludge drying
- Odors problem and treatment in sludge processing
- Innovative sludge treatment technologies
- Nutrient recovery : phosphorus, nitrogen, agriculture application
- Energy recovery: digestion, gasification, pyrolysis, incineration, …
- Life cycle assessment of sludge management options
Beside the Conference Proceedings it is planned to publish selected papers in one special issue of an international peer reviewed Journal.